If you are a pet lover, prepare yourself for some extra cleaning work at home because they can be sometimes very messy. No matter how well trained your dog is or how obedient your kitten is, sometimes they can’t find a way to go out, or due to any health issue, they pee on the carpet or floor. Cleaning floors are easy but removing urine mark and odor from the carpet requires elbow grease. Here we will share some traditional and advanced methods to get old dog urine stain out of carpet without too much stress. You can check our picks for the best steam cleaner for pets’ mess and the best steam cleaners for a microfiber couch.
Here is an emergency response to get a pet urine stain out of the carpet, and place the paper towel or any thick cloth on the spot. Put some pressure on the affected area as it will absorb pee and then wash the area with normal water. Remember, the more time you leave the urine on the carpet, the harder it will be to eliminate odor and stain.
How to Get Old Dog Urine Stains Out of Carpet 
It is not an easy job to remove tough stains like urine but still not impossible. Here are the tools and products that are useful to get dried pet messes out of the rugs.
Cleaning with Baking Soda and Vinegar
- Baking soda
- White vinegar
- Bristle brush
- General cleanser
- Vacuum Cleaner
Step 1: Quickly dry the carpet (if your pet has passed the pee)
It is good to dry the area as much as possible. A wet carpet leads to mildew and mold.
Step 2: Make a vinegar solution
Vinegar is effective in stain removal. Mix an equal quantity of white vinegar and water in a bowl. Then pour it on the affected area. Gently scrub with a brush and let it dry.
Step 3: Sprinkling Baking Soda
Baking soda is good to eliminate pee odor from your carpet. Sprinkle some baking soda on the area and leave it for at least 24 hours or overnight. It will deodorize the carpet.
Step 4: Use Hydrogen Peroxide and Dish Cleanser
Make a mixture of equal amounts of hydrogen peroxide and water and add a little quantity of dish detergent. Pour this solution on the carpet area and slightly scrub the urine stain.
Step 5: Vacuuming
Use a vacuum cleaner to suck all the remaining substances along with pee.
Carpet Shampooer to Eliminate Pet Urine
Since carpets are high-traffic areas, may contain dust, dirt, and allergens that may cause several diseases. It is good practice to clean your carpet/rug off and on. Now, exactly what kind of cleaning you need is an actual issue that needs to be solved.
No matter what type of cleaning is required, the carpet cleaner shampooer gives you professional cleaning results. This single machine performs several actions at the same time i.e., shampooing, scrubbing, sucking, and drying. This is the full carpet cleaning machine.
Rotating at 360 degrees, its antimicrobial spin scrub brushes forcefully blow away embedded dirt and stain. These round brushes are hard on stains and gentle on the carpet. After scrubbing, it sucks all the dirt and grime with powerful suction. Thus it removes all the impurities from the carpet and gives it a whole new fresh look.
To increase the cleaning power, you can add the Oxyclean formula with a carpet cleaning solution. It is also good for the toughest stains like urine and feces.
Its faster heat force makes your carpet quickly dry. So no need to wait for long. Just after a short interval, you can enjoy yourself again with your children and four-legged friend.
It is simple to operate
- Pour water into the tank.
- Plugin the device.
- Maneuver the shampooer on the carpet surface.
- Run the machine a second time by just filling water in the tank. These machines are built to suck back up extra water and shampoo. So it is necessary to run your machine again with only clean water.
Steam Clean Pets Urine and Stains
If you want all the way natural cleaning process for the carpet, then grab a steam cleaner. It performs both cleaning and sanitizing at the same time with hot pressurized steam. Steam cleaning carpet has several benefits over other cleaning methods. Although shampooer machines are quite effective in carpet cleaning regular usage may lead to a yellowing of the carpet’s color, which is difficult to remove.
- It extends the life span of your carpet/rug.
- Get rid of bed bugs and house flees by destroying the life cycle of flees.
- Remove the unpleasant smell
- Kills germs and bacteria
Remember it is good for spot cleaning and can’t be used for whole carpet cleaning.
Treatment for Fresh Stain Spot
Tough stains like nail polish, paint, oil, wine, and especially pet messes such as dog urine leave ugly dirty spots.
Before steaming, you need some necessary action to make an effective steam cleaning.
- Blot a piece of cloth with a carpet stain remover.
- Dab the spot so that it soaks in the stain treatment solution.
- Allow it to sit for a few minutes before you start steam cleaning the carpet.
Pro tip: Never try to rub the stain with anything, it generally pushes the stain deeper into the carpet fiber, which makes it more difficult to remove.
Preparing and Operating Steam Cleaner
- Detach the water tank (if it is detachable)
- Pour distilled water into the water tank of the steamer. You may add carpet cleaning formula as well, but only water is enough for your problem.
Pro tip: If you really want pure natural cleaning and disinfection, then you can use vinegar instead of soaps. They may contain chemicals that might be harmful to pets and kids.
- Plugin the device, and wait till the steamer gets ready. The preferable temperature is 212 degrees, which is quite effective in killing dust mites, germs, and bacteria.
- Once the steamer is ready, move slowly on the affected surface
- Your carpet’s affected area will be cleaned, restored, and disinfect by steam cleaning.
- Does Steam Cleaner Kill Bed Bugs? Answer is Yes! Check How - June 27, 2022
- How to Clean a Heavily Soiled Microfiber Couch in Minutes  - June 25, 2022
- Jewelry Steam Cleaner Vs Ultrasonic Cleaner[2022 Guide] - June 20, 2022