Bed bugs are uninvited guests, and once they enter the premises, it’s tough to get rid of them. Another thing to worry about these bugs is their reproductive system; they multiply very fast and become young adults in 3-4 weeks.
They are also named a great hitchhiker because they love to take long rides through your luggage, clothes, and other personal belongings. Dirt bugs can be found anywhere, so beware if you travel by local bus or train service. Might be you’re the next to carry bugs along with you!
History narrates that bed bugs exist in human life from about 3500 years. Cimicidae (bed bugs) belong to the family of small parasitic insects. Female bugs get pregnant through traumatic insemination, which is the mating process. Female bugs can lay hundreds of eggs in half a year, and 50% of the bugs are female.
However, the mating call can be harmful to a female bug if it happens repeatedly and may reduce their life expectancy.
Adult bed bugs are ⅜ in size, and these apple seeds, like parasites, love to suck humans and warm-blooded hosts (cat, dogs, and birds). They are also called human pests because human blood is the primary meal source for the bug to grow stage to stage.
Usually, they are brown, but once they contact their prey, they change their color to red by the continuous suction of blood for about 5-10 mins. Bed bug bites at night, just because they are super-active at night hours, probably their feed won’t be disconnected at night.
Due to their low metabolic system, these kissing bugs can live for a year without having a meal.
- You might be interested in checking out the best steam cleaners for killing bed bugs and dust mites.
Symptoms of Bed Bug Bites
The good part is these parasites do not transmit any disease. So the question arises: what are the signs of bed bug bites?
In contrast, people who have sensitive skin suddenly observe rash lines on the body. Moreover, older people and kids are always at high risk. There some primary symptoms which include:
Furthermore, itching, feeling of burning skin, and swollen red bumps on the skin.
Does Steam Cleaner Kill Bed Bugs?
Now, you must be thinking about how to kill bed bugs?
To get rid of this nasty problem, people may suggest many remedies that may or may not be effective. But as per my experience best solution for getting rid of these little beasts is to use the best steam cleaners for bed bugs and dust mites.
Many of you must be curious to know that Does steam cleaner kill bed bugs?
The answer is YES!
Steam cleaner effectively removes bed bugs from mattresses, box springs, folded areas, upholstery, picture frames, and in furniture crevices.
Which is the best steam cleaner to kill bed bugs?
Dupray Neat Steam cleaner is one of the best bed bug steamer that effectively eradicate bugs. Besides steam cleaning machine usage is not just limited to killing bed bugs, in fact, it is a multi-purpose device. You can use a steam cleaner for cleaning cars, carpet, upholstery, tile floors and much more.
How to Use Steam Cleaner to Kill Bed Bugs
- The first and foremost thing is, look for the best steamer to perform this task. To eliminate bugs, it is highly recommended to use a steam cleaner that throws super-hot steam.
- Secondly, locate the places where the bed bugs can hide. You can trap them by placing a trap in different corners of the house (under the bed, on the mattress, in the closet, chairs, sofas, or anything made of fabric).
OR you can also train dogs to help you by smelling the odor of bed bug eggs. So then you can quickly see those little nymphs.
- Before starting the Heat Treatment, you must know how to operate the steam cleaner. So read the user manual carefully.
- Take out your mattress or infested thing which you want to steam.
- Now unbox the steamer and fill the water tank below the maxi level.
- Don’t forget to wear plastic gloves.
- Attach the nozzle or required accessory and plug it in.
- Move the steamer slowly in the back and forth position throughout the mattress or targeted area for 10-15 mins continuously. Don’t forget to steam the bed frame and its legs area.
- At the end of the process, unplug the steamer. And keep in mind, don’t open it immediately after the process completion. This may burn you.
- Turn on the fans, open all the windows, and allow the room to air out.
While traveling, doesn’t forget to check if there are bed bugs in the hotel room by placing the simple pest trap. Returning home, unpack your bags outside the house and immediately wash your clothes. And don’t forget to sanitize your suitcase before packing to have a peaceful sleep.
Usage of steam cleaning devices is not just restricted to kill bed bugs, dust mites or molds. You can also sanitize and purify carpets, floors, upholstery, tiles, grout, cars and many more. Steam cleaner is a perfect tool for whole house cleaning. Moreover, no need to spend big bucks for buying different detergents and chemicals to deodorize surfaces. You can choose one according to your requirement and pocket. Steam cleaner just need simple tap water to fill in the tank and its ready to go.