Apart from the above listed hidden elements, the stains and scum layers on the bathroom tiles give a terrible look. There are also several sanitary items like a faucet, sink, toilet seat, shower, and mirror that require regular maintenance. These are expensive objects, and any negligence or irregularity in their maintenance reduce their life.
To maintain all bathroom items in good condition, you can try steam cleaning. A steam cleaner with its high-pressure steam removes stains, grime, mould, and mildew. Using steam cleaning machine is very easy but still you should learn how to use a steam cleaner in the bathroom.
How to Use a Steam Cleaner in the Bathroom [Complete Guide]
It is simple and great fun to clean a toilet with a steam cleaner. There is no need for any bucket full of water, detergents, mop, or any other cleaning solutions. All you have to do is to get a good quality steam cleaner. To start cleaning, attach the suitable tools with the steamer according to the surface. This unit will do all cleaning tasks in a toilet single-handed.
- Assemble the steam cleaner properly
- Attach the attachment required for cleaning (nozzle brush is preferred)
- Fill the water reservoir of the steam cleaner
- Plug-in your steam cleaner and turn it ON
- Let the steam cleaner prepare the steam (approximately 8-10 minutes)
- Once the steam is ready, just pull the trigger and spray the steam to the dirty area
Before you step down for deep cleaning the washroom, you must know how to use the steam cleaner in different areas. We would explain the steam cleaning of some important parts of the bathroom.
Steam Cleaning Bathroom Floor
The bathroom floor is generally made of tiles or marble. One can easily see the grubby grout lines from a distance. It really looks very horrible if the bath tiles or grout are full of grime and dark in colors.
The bathroom floor may also get slippery because of soap scum on it. It could be dangerous for someone who uses a wet toilet.
For the floor, steam mop works perfectly. Choose any good quality steam mop to clean floor, but cleaning grout lines is not possible with it.
That is why a steam cleaner is recommended for cleaning grout and tiles. Here’s how you can use the steam cleaner for cleaning bathroom tiles:
- Make the steam cleaner get ready to produce steam.
- For cleaning, tiles attach the scrubbing pad, and for grout, brush tool is recommended.
- Press the trigger to spray the steam on floor
This process will first lose the stains and then make them vanish like it was not there before.
Steam Clean Sink and Faucet
In this regard, a steam cleaner does a pretty well job and makes cleaning easier. A powerful portable steamer with an appropriate brush attachment is highly recommended to clean sink and faucet. Follow these simple steps to make the objects shine like new:
- Attach a scrub brush tool with the steamer
- Plug-in the device and start steaming, scrub it with a brush all over the sink surface and around the faucets.
- After completing this step, splash clean water on the surface to throw out dirt and muck.
- Sponge and clean, the sink and faucet with a microfiber pad.
This procedure will sparkle your sink, remove mildew from sink drain, and get rid of black slime, gunk, and grime from the faucet.
Steam Clean Shower and Bathtub
No worries, when you have steam cleaner at your disposal. The huge variety of accessories, i.e. brushes, angle, grout tool, and other useful kits makes cleaning of shower and bathtub simple.
The most suitable attachment for cleaning bathtub and shower is a bristle brush. Here is how you can steam clean bathtub and shower-head:
- Prepare the steam cleaner
- To loosen the dirt, attach a nozzle and spray the steam where the dirt is accumulated
- Now, attach the brush tool and again run the machine over bathtub and shower
This method works like a charm and removes crusts, mould, mildew, and rust from the shower-head and tub drain.
If the shower doors are made of glass, you can use squeegee attachment, and for steam cleaning grout and tiles, scrub brush tool is recommended.
So, turn on the device, blow out powerful steam, then use nano-fiber cloth to wipe away all the remaining grime from the surface.
How to Steam Clean Shower Curtains
In some toilets, curtains are used to make a partition between shower and rest of the area. As time passes, dirt and grime accumulate on it and ultimately some spots remain on the curtains. You can either wash the curtain or can steam clean it. If you want to steam clean shower curtains follow the steps given below:
- Plug-in the steamer and heat-up till it gets ready.
- Apply steam over the surface of curtains at a distance of 6 inches.
- Rub the curtains with a microfiber pad to remove remaining loose dirt on it.
How to Steam Clean and Sanitize Toilet Bowl
Many manual cleaning methods require time as well as efforts, so it is better to go for an easy solution that is steam cleaning.
Once the steamer is ready to spray the hot steam to clean the desired area of the toilet. This heat will break down dirt, limescale, and kill germs and bacteria. Follow the below given steps carefully:
- Arrange all necessary tools with a steamer.
- Attach the angle tool with your steam cleaner as it is the most suitable one for a toilet seat.
- Apply steam on the toilet bowl and underneath areas with high heat steam temperature.
- If needed, repeat the second step to loosen the stains and rust.
- Splash the water on the toilet seat to wash off all the dirt.
- Use a microfiber mop pad to wipe off the wet surface or just rub it with a good-quality cloth.
After this, you will get a neat and clean surface without any spots.
Steam Clean Bathroom Mirror
A mirror enhances the beauty of the bathroom. Suppose the mirror is filled with streaks or some residue. In that case, it not only looks bad but also makes it difficult to makeup, trimming or shaving while looking into the mirror.
You may want to know about streaks and how they develop in the mirror. Streaks are the lines that are caused when someone uses a cloth, paper towel, or newspaper to clean the mirror. It sounds like an easy mirror cleaning hack, but it leaves behind white streaks on the bathroom mirror.
Sometimes it looks impossible to remove these lines, but there is no rocket science when you have a steam cleaner. Here is how you can steam clean mirrors in the bathroom:
- First, you have to adjust the steam setting at low pressure.
- Apply steaming without any attachment.
- Clean with a microfiber cloth.
This process will make the mirror shine like a crystal.
There are numerous numbers of counter-tops materials like marble, granite, concrete, soapstone, laminate and many more. They all need daily deep cleaning to get rid of stains, grease spots, and germs and bacteria’s.
It is not a big deal to clean the counter-tops with a high pressure steam cleaner. Just attach a microfiber pad with your steamer and do it. After completing the steaming process, dry it with any non woven cloth.
Our Recommendation For The Best Steam Cleaner for Bathroom
After a detailed research and reading customer reviews about different steam cleaners, we came to a conclusion that Dupray Neat steam cleaner is the best option for steam cleaning bathroom tiles, sink, faucet, shower, toilet seat etc. Reason for picking this steamer is its ability to produce a very hot pressured steam and a variety of tools that can be used for multiple purposes. If you want to learn more about this unit read our detailed review of Dupray Neat steam cleaner.
There is no need to get any other thing for a bathroom if you own a steam cleaner. Steam cleaning of bathroom and toilet area is so easy and simple with this giant machine. The high pressurized steam breaks down the hard stains, limescale on the taps and disinfects the surface without the use of toxic agents. This gadget requires your little time and effort and turn your grimy washroom into sparkling one.